Iontophoresis is a transdermal delivery system using electric currents help the skincare nutrients penetrate deeper into the dermis layer of the skin (the second layer of the skin, not visible to the eyes).
Iontophoresis works on ions, which are water-soluble substances that have either a positive or negative charge. The treatment is based on the general principle that like charges repel and unlike charges attract each other.
The process involve using 2 electrode heads, one electrode tip is held by the customer during the procedure and the other tip contains the ionized skincare essence. When the therapist gently rolls the tip containing the essence on the skin, the two opposite electrodes attract each other, allowing the ionized essence to sink deeper into the skin. Using this method, the skincare essence's effect will be amplified compared to applying the essence topically.
At ROHTO AOHAL CLINIC, we provide inontophoresis treatment using one of the four kinds of essence - Bastor Bleu Stem Cell, Placenta, Vitamin C or Collaplus. Based on the condition of each customer's skin, our doctor will decide which essence to be used:
1/ Bastor Bleu Stem Cell:
- Bastor Bleu is a serum from Japan that contains pure domestic human stem cell culture extract. Bastor Bleu is a famous product, receiving tons of love from Japanese women.
- Thanks to the growth factors it contains, Bastor Bleu can effectively rejuvenate the skin, fight against skin aging, restore damaged skin barrier and reduce the appearance of fine lines. On top of that, Bastor Bleu also contains Ultra Nano Hyaluronic Acid (HA 4) which allows the serum to penetrate deeper into the skin; helping customers achieve healthy, youthful and glowing skin.
- This essence contains concentrated placenta extract combined with valuable ingredients for the skin such as Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide.
- Placenta will bring you firmer, smoother and healthier skin. This essence is especially compatible with those who are dealing with aging skin (melasma, discoloration, wrinkles, sagging ...), those who have sensitive, acne-prone skin or those who just went through skin treatment with Laser or Light.
3 / Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is also scientifically known as Ascorbic Acid. Vitamin C is an extremely popular and widely used skin care ingredient.
- Vitamin C has anti-oxidant and anti-free radical properties as well as stimulates the body's natural collagen production. Therefore, Vitamin C usually plays a vital role in strengthening the skin and preventing skin aging.
- Moreover, Vitamin C also contains a property that inhibits the melanin production of the skin so it can effectively brighten up the skin, fade dark spots and skin discoloration.
- Collaplus is an active ingredient researched and developed by ROHTO Pharmaceutical (Japan) using the method of soybean hydrolysis. This is the result of ROHTO's long & extensive research project taking place from 2003 to 2006, to find the right active ingredient that is effective in preventing skin aging while also safe to use.
- Collaplus is best used to improve the appearance of acne scars, restore damaged skin tissues and prevent skin aging.